Wednesday 25 November 2015

stiga new blades low quality

sometimes I hear people ranting about how the new stiga blades have low quality and how the old ones were much better.
so I needed to write about this nonsense.

first of all, people are complaining about the slightest defects in their blades.
like this guy

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71783&PN=2#907509

"oh my blade has top layer made of two pieces."
tons of blades have this.
donic, stiga, butterfly.
and you don't go complain just because of this.

"oh my blade has knots on it".
tons of blades have knots.
I had andro blades with knots, stiga, butterfly.

all this is pretty nonsense and the guys at stiga must be having a really hard time trying to be correct and polite to these people who expect a certain level of quality on their blades.

I'm not saying that you can't expect the level of quality they are expecting.
I really don't know.
Maybe you should expect that level of quality, maybe not.
There's no way to tell really because it's not like they promise they are going to deliver their blades with this or that characteristic.

One thing I notice a lot with butterfly composites is the center ply, the kiri ply, made of more than one piece of wood.
Other brands it's the same but well everybody has butterfly as the example to follow.

another myth that goes around is that the new stiga sucks while the old stiga had such a great quality.
specially the stiga made in tranas "handmade".
I had probably more than 10 blades of the ones made in tranas like 20 years ago.
you'll get a couple that look fine with no defects.
but I've also seen very bad ones.

Knots? I owned old stiga tranas with knots, really big ones and in the middle of the top ply.

top ply made of two pieces of wood?
I owned old stiga tranas with top ply made of 3!!!! pieces of wood.

so I think if anything stiga quality has been getting better.
and also these "details" are not just in stiga, they are in every brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment